Tacos are one of my favorite foods. I love that you can make so many combinations with different toppings, sauces, and meat or vegetables. There are a couple things that I must always have on my taco; a good sauce, avocado, and cilantro. Oh and lime too! I love this version of a taco because I’m a huge fan of buffalo sauce. This is a meatless buffalo cauliflower that I think even the most avid meat eater will love. They’re packed full of flavor and have lots of substance making them very filling. I love using these tortillas when I make tacos at home because they’re gluten-free, corn-free and use minimal ingredients.
1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
3/4 c. unsweetened almond milk
1 c. garbanzo bean flour
2 tsp. garlic powder
3/4 c. franks red hot sauce
2 tbsp. grass-fed butter, melted
½ avocado, thinly sliced
1 cup thinly sliced purple cabbage
½ watermelon radish, sliced and then cut into quarters
cilantro for garnish
4 gluten-free taco shells (you can use whatever shells you like but these are my favorite)
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Combine almond milk and garbanzo bean flour in a bowl and stir until well combined.
3. Make sure your cauliflower pieces are complete dry. Coat the cauliflower pieces with the flour mixture and place on a baking sheet. Bake for 14-16 minutes.
4. While cauliflower is baking, combine franks red hot sauce and melted butter in a bowl. Take the baked cauliflower out and dip each piece in the hot sauce mixture, coating evenly. Bake for another 5 to 8 minutes.
5. Warm taco shells on oven rack or in a pan over the stove. Create a small layer of purple cabbage and then add the buffalo cauliflower on top. Add the avocado, watermelon radish, cilantro, and cilantro jalapeno sauce on top.