THIS is one of my favorite recipes. As a girl who doesn't handle gluten very well, I miss things like bread and pasta SO much. I've tried a million different gluten free items and a lot of times they just fall short of my expectations. I grew up being a pasta and bread feen and when I found out I didn't digest gluten very well, I was pretty devastated. I'm really stubborn, so of course I still tried to eat these things even though I knew they would make me sick. Now that I've been on my health kick for a solid 8 years now, my body can handle a little bit of gluten just fine, especially when I take my digestive enzymes, but it's still not really worth it for me knowing that it isn't healthy for my body. This is why I decided to make my own flatbread for avocado toast and I promise its SO good. This recipe along with so many amazing others is part of my 5-week healthy eating plan: NOURISH + GLOW and I hope you love it as much as I do.
1 tbsp chia seeds
1 1/2 c almond flour
1 tbsp chopped rosemary, thyme or dill
1 tbsp ghee/grass fed butter, softened
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. Add chia seeds to a bowl with 3 tbsp of warm water. Wait 10-15 minutes for the chia seeds to thicken and soak up the water.
3. Combine all ingredients except the chia seeds and apple cider vinegar. Once everything else is thoroughly combined, add the chia seeds and apple cider vinegar. Note- you might have to use your hands to thoroughly mix everything together and get it all to stick.
4. Roll out into 2 flatbreads and bake at 375 for 10-12 minutes.
1 small, ripe avocado
1 tbsp veganaise
1/2 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 tsp sea salt
hot sauce + chili flakes to taste
1. Mix all of the ingredients together until thoroughly combined.
2. Spread mixture on gluten free flat bread
optional: garnish with watermelon radishes, micro greens, and/or arugula for an added nutrient hit. You can always drizzle olive oil and sea salt over the top as well.